We are a state chartered credit union organized in August 1954. Father Schmiler, a priest serving the Page and Hunter, ND Catholic churches was instrumental in the organization. He was originally from Wisconsin and had become familiar with credit union philosophy there. He felt a credit union would help the local farmers and the rural community.
Our field of membership used to be limited to those who lived in a few specific townships. Today, we have a 75 miles radius of Page, ND. This includes the cities of Fargo, Grand Forks, Wahpeton, Valley City and Jamestown, ND.
Gerald Bower was elected Board President in March 1955 until March 1976 when he was appointed the first paid General Manager. He served as General Manager until his death. His wife, Doris Bower, was appointed the second General Manager in June 1977. She remained in this position until January 1992 when Erin (Kenward) Olstad was hired as General Manager/CEO. Erin remains the CEO today.
The current office building in Page was open for business in January 1987. In 1997 the credit union rented the former Dakota Heartland Clinic building in Kindred, ND and opened a branch office. In April 2000 a new building was open for business on Spruce St in Kindred where they remain today.
Current Board of Directors
- Randy Cramer, President
- Harvey Abraham, Vice President
- Stuart Swandal, Secretary
- Bruce Christmann
- Dale Bjerke
Current Credit Committee
- Dale Bjerke, Chairman
- Harvey Abraham
- Jim Lindseth
- Randy Cramer
- Stuart Swandal
- Erin Olstad, CEO
- Julie Plante, Assistant Manager
- Pennie Ellingson, Page Loan Officer
- Amanda Vangsness, Ag/Business Loan Assistant
- Sharon Zaharia, Member Services
- Diane Bommersbach, Member Services